Contact interpreter booking agencies
There are three specialised booking agencies for NZSL interpreters, listed in alphabetical order:
Connect Interpreting - www.connectinterpreting.co.nz
- Nationwide Service
- Provides sign language interpreting services for all types of assignments, including specialist areas of interpreting where the allocation of interpreters requires more careful consideration
- All bookings managed by experienced interpreters to ensure best outcomes
- Contracts only qualified interpreters who are SLIANZ members
- Actively develops the workforce capacity by providing training and supervision
Contact Connect Interpreting:
Auckland and Hamilton
021 555 181 Scheduling manager
Other New Zealand centres
021 96 1815 Scheduling manager
Head Office contact
021 937399 or 021 730044
iSign - www.isign.co.nz
- Nationwide offices and dedicated Customer Service Officers - Deaf & Hearing who are fluent in NZSL and active members of the Deaf community.
- Contracted by Government agencies to deliver interpreting services.
- Certified under Home & Community Support Sector Standard NZS 8158.
- Accredited Level 4 Ministry of Social Development Social Services Provider.
- Not for Profit and any surpluses returned to the Deaf community.
- Interpreters used are qualified and members of the Sign Language Interpreters Association of NZ.
- Operate an after hours service.
- NZ representative for the World Association of Sign Language Interpreters and the World Federation of the Deaf.
WordsWorth Interpreting - www.wordsworth.nz
- Onsite and online interpreter bookings and interpreter coordination throughout Aotearoa/New Zealand for all types of assignment, including specialised subject areas
- Fluent and experienced interpreters
- Co-ordination with all parties and budgets
- Service-oriented ethos
- Assistance in assigning an interpreter who can capture nuance professionally and appropriately, whatever the situation and language users.
- Localisation of your message to the Deaf community to achieve maximum potential engagement and communication.
- Interpreters are all members of SLIANZ and undertake regular professional development.
Contact WordsWorth Interpreting:
Interpreting New Zealand - www.interpret.org.nz
- provides both on-site and telephone interpreting in some 70 languages, including NZSL interpreters (on-site only)
- provides NZSL interpreters for hospitals, health centres, social services, courts, tribunals, police, immigration, housing and wider local and central government organisations
- booking service operates 24 hours, seven days a week
- serves not only the wider Wellington area, but also many other North Island and South Island regions.
Contact Interpreting New Zealand:
Phone: daytime (9am to 5pm) 04 384 2265 or after hours (24 hours) 04 384 2849
Page last updated: