Join an online discussion programme with young NZ and Japanese leaders
The Community Core Leaders Development Program is run by the Cabinet Office, the Government of Japan. The Center for International Youth Exchange is the contracting organisation and the Office for Disability Issues (ODI) and the New Zealand Disability Service Network (NZDSN) provide support through inviting New Zealand participants to the programme. This is an opportunity to learn about disability services and issues in Japan, reflect and report on disability services and issues in New Zealand, learn from the common challenges and progress being achieved in both countries, all while taking account of and respecting the differences in societal and cultural context.
More details about the programme can be found in this programme outline [PDF, 314 KB].
- Day 1: Friday, February 12, 2021
- Day 2: Saturday, February 13, 2021
- Day 3: Sunday, February 21, 2021
- Time: 14:00-17:00(NZ Time)
Criteria for selection:
- Age between 23 and 40 years old principally, with more than 3 years of experience in promoting the participation and inclusion of disabled people.
- Currently manage / have managed, or demonstrate leadership in a non-profit disability service or have a strong desire to do so in the future.
- Fluent in English and/or NZSL.
- Commit to participate in all sessions of the program and utilise the experience of the program for the future enhancement of their activities.
- Have online communication system (PCs or laptops, internet).
- Agree to submit a report (in English) on the activities of the program upon the request of the Japanese Cabinet Office.
Applications due 7 December 2021
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Information of Organisation / Affiliation Name
- Description of Organisation (service, activity, mission, etc.)
- Your responsibilities
- Organisation(s) you are involved with (besides your occupation)
- Description of Organisation (service, activity, mission, etc.) and your involvement (besides your occupation)
- Description of at least three years of experience in social activities in the fields of persons with disabilities
- Highest Academic Achievement
- First language
- Other languages
- Experience(s) of international exchange programs (country, detail, etc.)
- Special skills
Page last updated: