Disability responsiveness training
The training should be delivered by someone who has a lived experience of disability and is knowledgable about the modern conceptual understanding of disability.
The training aims to get the audience to understand their own values and how they impact on decisions to employ disabled people.
If you do not have someone in your agency who would be comfortable delivering disability responsiveness training, there are organisations that can provide it, such as CCS Disability Action .
Disability Responsive Training - Introductory Module
Below are the main topics covered in the training which you can access from the Word/PDF documents below.
- The context - some facts
- The framework - United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD)
- Statements for small group discussion
- Moving away from a medical model
- Mental health and employment
- Research on the attitudes of employers
- Reasonable accommodations
- Disability etiquette
- Download a Word version of the training module [DOCX, 1004 KB]
- Download a PDF version of the training module [PDF, 333 KB]
You can read or download the Disability etiquette information separately.
- Read the Disability etiquette information online
- Download a Word version of the Disability etiquette information [DOCX, 75 KB]
- Download a PDF version of the Disability etiquette information [PDF, 66 KB]
Page last updated: