Young leaders from Japan visit NZ - presentations available
Last week, here at the Office for Disability Issues, we had the pleasure of hosting a group of young Japanese leaders taking part in the 2017 Community Core Leaders Development Programme.
The Programme's presentations below provide a really good overview of the New Zealand disability context and Strategy, as well as of some of the key initiatives and approaches we're adopting here in New Zealand to tackle the issues of access to and equity in health services, employment and education.
- New Zealand Disabilty Strategy - from the Office for Disability Issues - PDF format [PDF, 1.4 MB]; PPT format [PPTX, 9.5 MB]
- Employment support available to disabled people in New Zealand - from the Ministry of Social Development - PDF format [PDF, 383 KB]; PPT format [PPT, 545 KB]
- Disabilty Support Services (current system) - from the Ministry of Health - PDF format [PDF, 495 KB]; PPT format (currently unavailable)
- System Transformation - the transformation of New Zealand's disability support system - from Ministry of Health - PDF format [PDF, 1 MB]; PPT format [PPTX, 2.6 MB]
- Promotion and maintenance of New Zealand Sign Language - from Office for Disability Issues - PDF format [PDF, 2.2 MB]; PPT format [PPTX, 15 MB]
- Learning support systems in NZ schools - success for all/inclusive Te Kete Ipurangi - from the Ministry of Education - PDF format [PDF, 1.7 MB]; PPT format [PPTX, 5.8 MB]
- Enabling Good Lives - from the National EGL Leadership Group - PDF format [PDF, 166 KB]; PPT format [PPTX, 126 KB]
These presentations are also be archived in our Guidance and Resources section.
Page last updated: