NZSL Board meeting summary - 6 December 2019
A summary of the NZSL Board meeting held at Kelston Deaf Education Centre on December 6 2019.
The NZSL Board had a one day meeting in Auckland where a number of different topics were discussed. The key messages from the meeting are:
- the Board will work with organisations and stakeholders, including government agencies
- a series of community engagement meetings will be held around New Zealand next year. The focus of these meetings will be community applications to the NZSL Fund and a new online process
- the dates for the next funding round have been agreed and will be announced early next year
- the NZSL Board's annual report to the Miniter focused on successes like the Community Grants from Round 6
- next year the Board will consider how he NZSL Act 2006 and the NZSL strategy align
- the Board want to say farewell to Ken who is returning to the Ministry of Education after working with the Board for the last 15 months. Kellye Bensley will start as the new Advisor (NZSL) at the end of January.
The Board want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Page last updated: