NZSL Board meeting: 24 - 25 September 2018
The NZSL Board met on 24 and 25 September 2018 in which several topics were discussed. The NZSL Board Chair, Victoria Manning, provides us with an update.
What happened at the September NZSL Board meeting?
- learned more about governance and discussed its draft Conflict of Interest Policy.
- considered feedback for the Ministry of Education’s draft Development Map for NZSL within Education
- discussed the need for engagement with the Deaf community, including
- considering ways to include Māori Deaf
- engagement material for use during the proposed national tour
- a broader engagement plan to support delivery of the NZSL Board Strategy priorities
- continued discussion of proposals for an online hub
- is progressing towards making funding decisions for NZSL Week 2019.
Page last updated: